The software developed by SmartCommunity available as Open Source. This page provides some documentation about the approach that has been followed and about how to take full advantage of the public release of SmartCommunity code base. The components of the overall SmartCommunity code base are published under the Apache License Version 2.0. The access to the source code is free.
The open source release of the project code base is one of the way by which SmartCommunity is trying to build an pro-active community around the design and development of services for the students of the University of Trento.
The goal of the SmartCommunity open source release is to allow anybody within our growing community to actively contribute to the development of new services. More precisely, the goal of this initial release is to enable the development of Android client applications based on the SmartCommunity platform. Future releases of the code base will grant the possibility to contribute also to the development of the SmartCommunity platform itself.
StructureThe infrastructure of the Open Source release consists of:
- a set of GIT repositories
- a Nexus artifact repository
Currently, the release involves four different kinds of artifacts:
- VAS (Value Added Service): the services implemented within the SmartCommunity project (splitted into components):
- Android client
- web application
- domain libraries
- libraries for wrapped external services
- platform components in two flavours:
- as source code
- as libraries (on a artifact repository)
- common libraries for Android client apps
- wrapping of external services
The code is stored into a set of Git (GitHub) repositories.
The repositories can be browsed on the web at https://github.com/smartCommunitylab
The contents of the Git repositories is available for download at the following URLs:
- the components of the SmartCommunity platform that are needed to execute services
- the Android common libraries that are needed to execute the services
- the external services wrapped into the platform to be used by the VAS
- the services developed by SmartCommunity
Some portions of the code that are used by the platform/services, but that are not part of SmartCommunity production, are made available, under their own license, as libraries on a Nexus instance. The downloadable packages, depending on the artifact, may include one or more of these subpackages:
- source code snapshot
- API docs